Writing on the Edge 2018:
Composing Beyond Boundaries
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Call for Proposals
We are currently accepting proposals for our breakout sessions.
WOTE 2018 invites creative interpretations of our theme: Composing Beyond Boundaries. As a starting point, here are some questions to consider: How are you collaborating across disciplines to foster student success? How do tools like technology, service learning ,and community engagement help students excel beyond the classroom? How do you continue to grow in your professional life while working at several institutions?
- Topics may include but are not limited to
- Diversity in the classroom
- Developmental and ELL Learners
- Information literacy and research
- Learning communities
- Adjunct life, personal and professional
- Critical thinking, persuasion, and analysis
- Digital and multimodal composition
- Collaboration between English and other disciplines
- Online and blended learning
- Transitioning from high school to college
- Pathways to learning
- Working with campus support resources
We are accepting proposals for 30-minute individual presentations, 60-minute organized panels (about one main topic), or hands-on computer sessions. We ask that you make your presentation as interactive as possible.
We welcome submissions from high school, community college, and college and university professionals, with preference given to current and past adjunct instructors.
Proposals should include:
- A 250-word abstract that summarizes the presentation
- Names, affiliation(s), current status (adjunct, tenured, etc.) and full contact information for all presenters
- The title of the presentation and a 2-3 sentence description for the conference program
- Whether you would like a half-hour or one-hour slot
- Specific equipment needs
- Email proposals as Word or PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line, “WOTE 2018 Proposal”
- Proposals are due by Friday, June 15, 2018